WE WORK WITH YOU UNTIL YOU ARE HIRED!
The majority of students in receive job offers BEFORE they even graduate!
Minimum hiring requirements for becoming a flight attendant
- 4’11″-6’4” tall- These numbers are based on various airline requirements.
- 19 years old- ( *We also help many 18-year-olds start cruise, airport, and other travel industry positions. This work experience and our Placement Assistance help people become flight attendants once they turn 19.
- No visible tattoos
- Have a clean criminal background for at least 10 years (no felonies)
target=”_self”>information about DUI/DWI
- Check out this more complete list of flight attendant requirements.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT THE AMIGO ACADEMY?
- Safety consciousness
- Adaptability and flexibility to lifestyle change
- Customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to connect with people
After being hired, you will then need to pass your airline’s specific training. A significant portion of our program focuses on getting you hired and passing airline-specific training requirements.
Remember, we work with all students until they are hired- and we offer lifetime Career Services to help them move forward or change airlines!
TRAINING FOR HOW TO BECOME A FLIGHT ATTENDANT
The primary responsibility of flight attendants is safety. At The AMIGO Academy, you will learn all major airplane safety procedures- from making emergency announcements to correctly stowing luggage. In addition to learning about safety, you will also develop excellent customer service skills. This combination of knowledge in both safety and customer service will give you the needed edge over your competition to begin your flight attendant career. Here are just a few of the course topics covered:
- Aircraft configurations
- Airline terminology
- US and International geography
- Daylight Savings | 24 Hour clock | Airline Call Letters
- First aid | CPR review
- Emergency procedures/plane evacuation review
- FARs (Federal Aviation Regulations)
- What to expect during and after formal flight attendant training
- Résumé writing and interviewing preparation
- Airline open house review and questions
- Getting a job as a flight attendant
While our training gives you a tremendous advantage to become a flight attendant, being aware of job opportunities is just as important. When you are halfway through your program, you will have access to our private Job Hotline and receive email notifications about which airlines are hiring and at which bases.
Furthermore, once halfway through your course, you will work closely with our placement department and apply for flight attendant positions while in class! Remember, many of our students are placed before they graduate!
WANT TO LEARN HOW TO BECOME A FLIGHT ATTENDANT?
All you need to do is follow our directions, be committed to success, work hard, and apply for jobs!
In addition to flight attendant training, you will also be prepared for cruise line, travel agent, and airport careers. Simply put, The AMIGO Academy provides an in-depth overview of the travel industry that not only teaches you how to become a flight attendant; but prepares you for any career in travel and tourism.